Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crocheted Rag Rug

Last night I finally finished a rag rug I started last time we were in Colorado (October 2011)! It's really easy once you get the hang of it. First, rip up some old sheets, this rug took 4. Second, sew the strips together, and roll them up into a ball. Make sure the strips are lying flat as you roll them into a ball. Then start crocheting a circle in single crochet, I started out with 5 sts.Crochet in a circle until wanted size, or till you run out of sheet strips. This is a great way to use old sheets or clothes. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I did this once with fleece strips that I made for a doll rug!!! But this is so much more useful!!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I never thought of making one for my dolls, but that is a great idea. Plus, it is a great way to practice the crocheting.

    ReplyDelete