Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Apple Bread, Potato Salad and Flood???

This morning I mixed up 4 batches of apple bread, since our kitchen is being remodeled this was no easy feat. :) When I had just finished the second batch of apple bread and put the potatoes to boil, our washing machine flooded. For the past two days our washing machine was unhooked so we could tile. This morning we were getting caught up on laundry, when it flooded. After wiping up the laundry room and trying to keep the water from going down the air vent, I went downstairs to see how bad it had leaked down there. When I arrived the floor of the whole back corner was soaked, as was the table, clothes, boxes of clothes, tool boxes, lightbulbs, and window shutters. After wiping that all up and having fans blow, I went back upstairs with a basketful of dirty towels to be washed (trying to wash towels just created more to be washed). As soon as I set the basket down to be washed, I went back to the potatoes only to find they were between mush and firm. :) Oh well, they still worked.

Dry ingredients.

Apple bread finished

2 comments:

  1. Rebekah!!! I can't believe I found your blog! It looks great!!!! I am so excited for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I'm just getting started, and learning as I go.;) Thanks for helping me with the blog button.

    ReplyDelete